CV: Maggie Greene
I am an experienced and versatile web designer, producer and department manager with 20 years’ experience in web development. My strength lies in having strong technical, design and production skills, as well as excellent communication, and a real ability to understand the needs of both client and user. Client testimonials highlight my ability both to manage the entire project, while not losing the attention to detail.
Web Design and Production 2001–present
Developing and managing bespoke WordPress websites for individuals, organisations and schools. Services include: Planning and Strategy, Design, WordPress Development, Project Management, Search Engine Optimisation, Analytics, Social Media, Email Marketing, Content Management, Maintenance and Support.
Producer, Origins.net 2001-2014
Origins.net pioneered the provision of genealogical database services on the web. My role involved developing and producing this extensive and complex website, including:
- Responsibility for management, UI design, construction, and maintenance of the site.
- Managing development programme, liaising with software developers, data providers and genealogists, including managing SEO and Analytics
- Developing and maintaining social media presence and marketing campaigns.
- Developing and maintaining extensive genealogical content for researchers.
- Graphic development of brand online and in print.
- User support.
Head of Design, UpMyStreet www.upmystreet.com, May 2000 – April 2001
- Defining and maintaining cross-platform design treatments and UI guidelines.
- Information architecture and prototyping of new products and services.
- Liaising with design agencies in marketing and advertising campaigns.
- Managing design team.
Online Manager, BBC Radio www.bbc.co.uk/radio, Feb 2000 – May 2000
Managed planned and developed prototype music website for BBC Radio.
Deputy Creative Director, Virgin Net www.virgin.net, Nov 1995 – Feb 2000
Closely involved in the planning, building, maintenance and evolution of Virgin Net from prototype to significant content site with e-commerce and ISP. This included:
- Developing design and navigational standards.
- Researching emerging technologies and developing strategies for implementation.
- Project management and strategic planning.
- Building and managing design team
Online Developer, Prince Interactive Sept 1994 – Oct 1995
Designed and built sites for the emerging Internet and Microsoft Network.
Education and qualifications
- MSc Information Technology, Kingston University, 1993-94
- BA Hons Development Studies, University of East Anglia, 1987-90